Acquiring a domain name from a marketplace is a good choice, you’ll be amazed by the quality available when you start to explore the inventories.
You may have to visit a few marketplaces to find the perfect match for your project.
I have selected the main marketplaces with large inventories. Keep track of the time you spend there, you don’t need to visit all the marketplace to find a good domain name.
Domain Name Marketplaces by preferences
- DomainNameSales (premium, a little overpriced and unflexible broker)
- Afternic (great place to get a premium at a reasonable price)
- Cax (some nice gem hiding there)
- DomainMarket (provide working file with all the domains)
- 4.cn (Chinese domain main marketplace)
- Flippa (oriented on selling website, you can get some domain under market value)
- HugeDomains (great offer, you can buy a domain on 24payments plan)
- Most Wanted Domains
- Sedo (only for buying, do not waste time listing there)
There are many others that i willingly passed, because they are just a waste of time. Some marketplace will try to squeeze the maximum cash from you. Don’t be trapped in their logic and overpaid for a non premium domain name, that have very little value on the market.
- BrandBucket (38k domains, you can filter by length and extension)
- Brandroot (11k domains, good quality)
- Catchy some amazing domain there
- Namerific (a great source for a brand)
When looking for Brandable, be cautious to not be caught in their slick designand sale process. Some domains listed can be poor or terrible choice for a brand. Also whatever they tell you, .com is still the King when you want to launch a brand. It is 10 times easier to launch a brand around a slick 5-8 letters .com domain, than any other great 3-4letter new extension.